Quickadd doesn't work on El Capitan client

jonathan_lee
New Contributor

A user came to me with a new MacBook Air running El Capitan. My quickadd package created in recon 9.65 fails with the error below.
"The Installation failed. The installer could not install the software. The installer could not install the software because there was no software found to install."

What does this even mean!?
I've tried re-creating the quickadd package, but i still get the same error.

Anyone else experienced this?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

keaton
Contributor
Contributor

Hey Jonathan,

Full support for El Captian was added in version 9.81. You can download the latest version here.

You can view our release information here
Hope that helps! Let us know if you have any other questions.

Keaton
JAMF Support

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

keaton
Contributor
Contributor

Hey Jonathan,

Full support for El Captian was added in version 9.81. You can download the latest version here.

You can view our release information here
Hope that helps! Let us know if you have any other questions.

Keaton
JAMF Support

Nix4Life
Valued Contributor

@jonathan_lee I also saw this yesterday when building a one off retina Macbook Pro, while attempting to install SEP12 and Easy Grade Pro 4.1 (Educational). These packages were made on a non-10.11.x system. I was able to target disk mode the Macbook to a 10.10 machine, packages installed, rebooted and all is fine. I am also on 9.65 and my quickadd package has been working with 10.10 and 10.11, so this may be an OS(El Cap) thing not a Composer issue

jonathan_lee
New Contributor

Thanks for the response @keaton ! I should have known... we had upgraded JSS to 9.8x but not Casper Suite. Used Quickadd package created in Recon 9.82 and the enrolment seems to work now. :)

Jonathan