QuickAdd package enrollment doesn't work

HariSeldon
New Contributor III

Hi There,

I'm relatively new to Jamf (I've been only managing Mobile devices so far) and I'm trying to enroll now using both user-initiated enrollment & QuickAdd package enrollment methods. Neither of them works.
Basically the first let me login, asks me to download the QuickAdd package, I install it successfully (and the portal confirms that the enrollment is complete) but nothing on the iMac happens. There is no MDM profile to be approved under "Profiles".

I therefore created with Recon a new QuickAdd package and installed it locally on the same iMac. The installation succeeded but same issue, no MDM profile to be approved.

Is there anyone who had a similar issue happening and know how to fix it?
I'm looking at the admin guide but can't find anything really helpful for this specific issue.

Thank you!

5 REPLIES 5

davidacland
Honored Contributor II
Honored Contributor II

QuickAdd packages are for older OSes. The web page should be offering to install an MDM profile first on the more recent OS versions.

Is the MDM / push cert setup ok on Jamf Pro?

HariSeldon
New Contributor III

Exactly, though that's the only option I got when doing user-initiated enrollment.
MDM and push cert are setup ok in to Jamf Pro.

I also believe I found out the reason why this is happening: it appears there aren't yet licenses available for the iMacs, therefore I'll have to wait for them to be added.

Thank you for the help!

jcrain
New Contributor

I'm having the same issue. I have multiple newer MacBook running Catalina. When I try to enroll it is giving me a quickadd PKG instead of the profiles. When I run the PKG it does add a mdm profile but none of my configurations apply and nothing seems to be working.

mschroder
Valued Contributor

Which version of the JSS are you using?

bwoods
Valued Contributor

I suggest enrolling in the Apple developer program, then enabling user initiated enrollment with your Apple developer cert. You also have the ability to download a quickadd package URL using user initiated enrollement. It'll be much easier for your technicians overall. The first half of this document will guide you through obtaining a cert.