Quickadd Package on Enrollment

kkeirstead
New Contributor III

Hi all,

This may be a stupid question but I am relatively new to managing computers with Jamf (only 5 managed so far). I have been testing enrolling my test MacBook Pro and unenrolling a few times to make sure everything comes down as we want it. Instead of unenrolling the device I decided to test out the "Remote Wipe" command in Jamf, which worked perfectly. However since reimaging (and reimaging a few times through the normal process, as well as unenrolling and re-enrolling) the Mac and when doing self enrollment or email enrollment I'm being asked to install the QuickAdd package instead of enrolling by installing the CA certificate and Mobile device profile.

This only seems to happen on this one computer, if I go to any other Mac it enrolls with the cert and profile. What is causing this one Mac to enroll with the QuickAdd package and is there anyway to configure which way a device enrolls? We did have a an image set up under Settings -> Computer Management -> Configurations, but we have since deleted it.

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

techjason
Contributor

I believe this has to do with the OS version. Older versions used QuickAdd where newer versions use the profile and certificate.

Someone can correct me on this, but I believe any version below Sierra has to use the QuickAdd package.

View solution in original post

bentoms
Release Candidate Programs Tester

@techjason you’re right.

10.13+ will download a Profile when enrolling under user initiated enrolment.

Pre-10.13 will get the QuickAdd.pkg.

View solution in original post

9 REPLIES 9

techjason
Contributor

I believe this has to do with the OS version. Older versions used QuickAdd where newer versions use the profile and certificate.

Someone can correct me on this, but I believe any version below Sierra has to use the QuickAdd package.

ryan_ball
Valued Contributor

Are you enrolling via DEP?

bentoms
Release Candidate Programs Tester

@techjason you’re right.

10.13+ will download a Profile when enrolling under user initiated enrolment.

Pre-10.13 will get the QuickAdd.pkg.

claudiogardini
Contributor

You can also force the Quickadd by adding /?type=QuickAdd to the enrollment URL.

kkeirstead
New Contributor III

Thank you all, this has been a great help.

scottb
Honored Contributor

I had an odd one today where I could not for the life of me get a new 2018 MBP with Mojave enrolled into the JSS (10.9.0).
I ended up using the ?type=QuickAdd method, and it worked.
Only odd thing was this guy setup the new Mac (non-DEP) with a Time Machine backup to sparsebundle on an NFS share. User ID was a good 501 and has a securetoken. Not sure what the deal was, but once the jamf.log got to agent loading, it just halted. And the MDM Profile was approved, etc.

Sometimes it takes a step backwards to make something work... Thanks @claudiogardini for sparking a thought :)

user-EMxOpSEmyy
New Contributor II

@claudiogardini Even though this is old it resolved my issue with me and my coworkers jamf mdm manual enrollment error we had! <3 you!

Jamf_dbeeney
New Contributor III

Hi Everyone, I know this is old but wondering if anyone is able to help me. Testing user-initiated enrolment into Jamf Pro. Does anyone know why I would be receiving the QuickAdd.pkg option when the device is running macOS Monterey 12.6

This has now been resolved, resolution found on the link below. Kudos to Punchy with the information!

https://community.jamf.com/t5/jamf-nation/user-initiated-computer-enrollment-now-using-quick-add/m-p...