"Draft" watermark showing up after pushing out printer

krichterjr
Contributor

We are having an issue with pushing out HP 4015 printers through Casper (both through Self Service & Casper Remote) where every everything works fine except it is stamping the documents with the watermark "Draft". It seems to be isolated to the HP 4015.

The watermark settings are unchecked but it's still stamping it. If we add the printer manually (not through Casper) it doesn't do it. So it appears it has something to do with the way Casper is packaging the printer.?. We have tried adding the printer to Casper using a 10.7 and a 10.6 machine and confirmed that neither had the watermark checked prior to packaging the printer. Both have the same result.

Has anyone experienced this? Any ideas to help resolve this is much appreciated.

Cheers,

Kenny Richter

3 REPLIES 3

Lincoln
Contributor

I don't have a solution but I do have the same issue with an HP 2055DN. I installed new drivers on the MB Pro that was having the issue (the only mac printing to that particular printer) and that solved it for a time, then the issue returned. Haven't gotten back to it as the user (and machine) are currently on holiday.

Reagrds

Lincoln

jedi1yoda1
New Contributor III

I just wanted to echo that I'm experiencing this as well with the HP CP2025.

- Peter

krichterjr
Contributor

We were able to work around this by removing the watermark info from the PPD. Here's a little set of instructions if anyone needs it.

1. Install the printer as you normally would on the computer you will add the printer to Casper Admin from.

2. Navigate to folder /etc/cups/ppd and find the ppd of the printer that has the watermark issue.

3. Open the ppd with Text Wrangler or another text editor of your choice and remove the entire section on watermarks and save.

4. Now add it to Casper Admin and deploy as you normally would.

It's not really a solution but a nice work around. No more watermarks m/

Kenny