Posted on 11-22-2016 11:46 AM
LDAP is working, and "assigned user" is correct.
Anyone know what might cause this error?
Posted on 11-22-2016 11:50 AM
UPDATE: It appears clearing the assigned user value fixes the error. We'll reach out to Jamf and shout back with our findings.
Posted on 11-08-2018 04:56 AM
Any further update on this. we are aslo seeing similar issues. What is the resolution ? When I clear the user it works fine. But if I assign the user I get the same error.
Posted on 02-22-2019 10:07 AM
We are observing this sporadically as well under Jamf Pro 10.9.0.
Posted on 04-10-2019 03:45 PM
I'm getting this issue too - remove the user and both Policies and Configuration Profiles can be re-calculated; assign the user and now both have this error.
Posted on 07-21-2020 12:05 PM
Has anyone had a solution to this? I'm experiencing this issue.
Posted on 08-07-2020 01:05 PM
I would be curious about this as well. We do have an old LDAP configured that has broken, but our newer one has been in place for more than a year. I am nervous to delete the old one (which is evidently currently not working) as I am not sure what else that will break. I did open a ticket with Jamf to try and find out though.
Posted on 10-27-2021 06:23 AM
was there ever a resolution for this? I am experiencing this after upgrading to 10.33
Posted on 11-15-2021 01:23 PM
Posted on 11-16-2021 05:07 PM
What solved it for us was adding the highlighted sections:
Prior to 10.33 is was working with different settings, but post 10.33 we changed the settings after working with JAMF Support. One issue was that we do not have just one all encompassing user group in our AD.
Posted on 11-16-2021 05:09 PM
Please click on the image in my previous post as their are 3 images.
11-16-2021 02:55 PM - edited 11-16-2021 02:56 PM
I know this thread is many years on, but hopefully this info will save someone some headache:
We had the same issue, and for us it was a matter of getting the group membership information pulling from the right place and ensuring that our LDAP search base(s) weren't too narrow to find the correct information.
We ended up switching the Membership Location field to pull group membership data from the "memberOf" field of the User Object, rather than the "member" field of the Group Object.
Posted on 11-16-2021 05:12 PM
This contributed to solving my issue as well.
Posted on 11-17-2021 01:59 AM
Posted on 11-17-2021 09:24 AM
This thread solved a similar issue for us too! We had this error under Config Profiles though, not Policies. The one addition I can make:
We are using JumpCloud for LDAP. When switching User Group Membership Mappings from Group Object - member to User Object - memberOf I also had to check the box to use distinguished names of user groups.
Posted on 02-21-2022 08:18 AM