"No" symbol over dock icon of Jamf Admin and Composer version 10.2

mscheffler
New Contributor III

Installed version 10.2 of the Jamf Pro suite. Jamf Admin and Composer open on my computer, but their dock icons have a "No" Symbol over them as if they aren't meant to run on my OS. I'm running MacOS 10.12.6. Release notes say it can be run on MacOS 10.7 to 10.13, so why the "No" slash mark over the dock icons?5d4580f3487641ae86f6bfcfb30876aa

3 REPLIES 3

AVmcclint
Honored Contributor

Did you install the apps from the DMG you downloaded from JamfNation or did you install them from a package that someone else made for you using Composer on their computer? I've seen this happen because there is still a bug in Composer that changes the permissions on various files within the Casper/Jamf apps.

jhalvorson
Valued Contributor

As mentioned by @AVmcclint, if someone has package the Jamf or Casper apps, they need to do extra steps to set the permissions correctly for files within the apps.
Some details here: https://www.jamf.com/jamf-nation/discussions/21179/casper-remote-9-96-losing-it-s-icon-when-casper-s...

mscheffler
New Contributor III

I AirDropped the Jamf Pro folder from another computer's application folder.
I did a Get Info on my own copy and gave everyone read/write permissions and applied to all enclosed items. All is good again.
Thanks!