"remove iPad from organization" button at automatic enrollment

Spillou
New Contributor III

Hello !

I just noticed that for the iPads we recently bought that at the remote management step, I have the "Enroll this iPad" as usually but on some iPads, I have one more button named "Remove iPad from Organization". What is it about ?

If it allows the iPad to be removed from Jamf and / or Apple Business Manager, I don't want it. I search about it but didn't find any usefull information. I would like to try to tap on it but I don't want to do something irreversible.

Could someone give me informations about this and how to make this button disappear like on other iPads I have ?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

talkingmoose

Sounds like you’ve acquired these iPads from someone who’s not an Apple reseller or maybe directly from an Apple Store. To get them into Apple Business Manager, you’d have to use Apple Configurator.

When you add them to your account this way, you’re provisionally enrolling them. There will be a 30 day period where they’ll be removable. Leave them enrolled and don’t wipe them. In 30 days the provisional status will change to permanent and they’ll be fully under your control.

Apple does this because they can’t verify the chain of custody from seller to buyer to ensure they were purchased by your organization.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

talkingmoose

Sounds like you’ve acquired these iPads from someone who’s not an Apple reseller or maybe directly from an Apple Store. To get them into Apple Business Manager, you’d have to use Apple Configurator.

When you add them to your account this way, you’re provisionally enrolling them. There will be a 30 day period where they’ll be removable. Leave them enrolled and don’t wipe them. In 30 days the provisional status will change to permanent and they’ll be fully under your control.

Apple does this because they can’t verify the chain of custody from seller to buyer to ensure they were purchased by your organization.

Spillou
New Contributor III

Ah, okay ! That's why I have some without that button.
Thank you for the informations !