Re-deploy self service items during re-image

briangoldstein
New Contributor III

Does anyone have a method for automatically re-deploying applications and printers that a user installed via Self Service when re-imaging a machine and/or moving the user to a new machine?

Thanks,
Brian

--
Brian Goldstein
Singer Consulting, Inc.
brian at randsinger.com
888.222.2959 x2103

3 REPLIES 3

bentoms
Release Candidate Programs Tester

In Casper remote there's an option to update autorun... Can't remember if there's the same in policies... But I'd start there.

Of course, you'd then need to set autorun info too.

Regards

Ben.

briangoldstein
New Contributor III

Thanks! I had missed the 'autorun' check box under packages in polices. It'd be great if there was the option for printers as well.

One thing to note for others that also didn't know about the option, it appears that the autorun information from policies will only save if there is an existing autorun config so make sure that you have "Store all imaging information for this computer in the JSS" checked when doing the initial imaging.

Brian

--
Brian Goldstein
Singer Consulting, Inc.
brian at randsinger.com
888.222.2959 x2103

sean
Valued Contributor

Brian,

I put in a feature request some time back related to this. I want to be able to tag software to people, so if we give a user a new machine then we aren't changing the autorun from one machine to another. I'd say we buy software, that you would want in an autorun, for particular people, not for particular machines. Tagging a user with autorun info to a machine makes sense to me at any rate.

I've asked Jamf for the reference number and I'll forward on for anyone else who would like this.

Sean