Re-enroll for new Push Certificate

Quan_nong
Contributor

Hi All

I was hoping someone could help and provide some advice. My Push Certificate is soon to expire, but I no longer have access to the AppleID account that it was associated with. From my understanding I need to create a NEW cert and alos re-enroll to push out the new cert.

Does anyone know of any solutions to do a re-enroll that would just download the NEW push certification?

6 REPLIES 6

davidacland
Honored Contributor II
Honored Contributor II

Is it for Macs or iOS devices?

If it is Macs, you can create a policy to re-enroll, as it will only be the MDM part that is broken. There is some work to do on config profiles etc as the new MDM cert5 won't be able to manage the profiles that had been deployed previously. You may want to remove them all via a script and have them re-deploy.

If it's iOS devices, it's a manual process unfortunately.

Quan_nong
Contributor

its mac only. @davidacland where would i find this policy just to enroll only?

lrabotteau
New Contributor III

@Quan.nong You can use an Extension Attribute to see all Macs with successful enrol or not and use it for create a smart group and scope this on a policy with your trigger and your QuickAdd.pkg to deploy this again on your Mac.

davidacland
Honored Contributor II
Honored Contributor II

You will have to run a script from a policy with jamf mdm.

You'll need to test the behaviour of the existing profiles on the Macs though as you may need to add extra commands before jamf mdm to get them out of the way.

Quan_nong
Contributor

Thanks... I will do some testing

nikjamf
New Contributor III

Hi All,
Is there any workflow how to re-enroll the MDM, and the right script to create and push it ?
I face with the same issue after I renew the APNs certificate on JAMF cloud. JAMF please fix that!