Re-Imaging with DEP causing device signature error until record is deleted first in the JSS

GabeShack
Valued Contributor II

Hey all,
We just moved to DEP imaging and keep seeing an error when re image a machine that already exists in the JSS.

If I enroll a machine right out of the box, everything works normally and the unit completes enrollment, but if I redo it it fails enrollment with a device signature error and won't work until we delete the record for that device from the JSS.

Just got off the phone with JAMF and looks like there is a PI for this PI-006766

Gabe Shackney
Princeton Public Schools

Gabe Shackney
Princeton Public Schools
6 REPLIES 6

ndelgrande
New Contributor

I believe this is related to LDAP, because I found if we remove the user data from the computer record, DEP re-enrolls just fine. The computer record did not have to be deleted.

jhalvorson
Valued Contributor

@gshackney Which version of JSS does this issue occur? And is the signature error listed once or twice first few lines of the device's jamf.log?

GabeShack
Valued Contributor II

@jhalvorson We are on 10.15.1 currently. Its only listed once, unless I try to call a policy manually. Basically won't enroll or trigger any policies after I wipe the unit and install 10.14.6. I run through the setup and it does create a management account per the pre stage enrollment, but once I log into that account it will not enroll or trigger enrollment complete to start my DEP notify script.

Again wiping the inventory record for that device out of the JSS fixes the issue, but of course this is not ideal.

Gabe Shackney
Princeton Public Schools

Gabe Shackney
Princeton Public Schools

Chris_Hafner
Valued Contributor II

Are you still having this issue? I've seen it, but only occasionally and we regularly reprovision machines through DEP.

GabeShack
Valued Contributor II

Since I'm going through all my old threads on the community for JAMF, I figured Id let you know this I think was a PI that got resolved in one of the updates since then.

Gabe Shackney
Princeton Public Schools

GabeShack
Valued Contributor II

@ndelgrande2 Do you have it set to wipe user and location information at re-enrollment only or do you have it also wipe the user and location history?
a62ae8e46dbe48f8bf28084cb757041b
Gabe Shackney
Princeton Public Schools

Gabe Shackney
Princeton Public Schools