Recommendations on Managed AV for Mac solution?

dmitchell
Contributor

Right now we are currently using Microsoft SCEP for Mac, they are stopping support next month. I am looking for a managed (preferably cloud based) AV that is easily deployable with Jamf Pro. Any recommendations?

4 REPLIES 4

dorellano
New Contributor III

Sophos endpoint solution works pretty well. Although it requires a small script to get it set up and working to be deployed via Jamf. Once set up seems work like a charm.

Here is a link to the script and set up : https://www.jamf.com/jamf-nation/discussions/23168/sophos-cloud-installs#responseChild140157

Chris_Hafner
Valued Contributor II

I've had good luck with both Sophos and Cylance. Cylance has been a bit easier to distribute in my experience. Still scripted, but not bad when following their documentation.

scottb
Honored Contributor

I'll tell you which one not to use - McAfee. It's a bloody awful piece of work.
Sophos and recent SEP (Symantec) have been good though.
Clients run the gamut, but some are better than others. I suggest a search here and Slack for any product you might consider.
Admin's experiences are worth their weight in gold.

KyleGDG
New Contributor

Sophos has been a struggle for us. Support has been difficult to get solutions out of (took 3_ months to acknowledge finder extensions was making screenshots take 20+ seconds to create) and we are finding that its actually missing malware inside of files. My most recent case I submitted a suspect file to www.virustotal.com and it showed that a number of databases protect against this particular infection, but Sophos showed it as clean.84b73b3ef2364552adca779badbd48fe
I am personally going to be pursuing Fortinet for mac protections when my contract is up.