Recommended Profile Configs

jlyle1
New Contributor

Just setting up zero-touch deployment for our company that went full remote. I know that profile configs are unique to each org's requirements, but I wanted to get a feel for what people had implemented, and if there were any suggested profile configs to look into. For example, blocking user's system preferences access, or security profiles? 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

jpeters21
Contributor II

like you said really specific to your company...really just kind of follow the best practices. I have seen quite a few people do not enable the firewall on a mac so probably a good place to start if you do not already. An often missed one is printers, if you company does not want the staff printing work related documents at home you should block them from adding those. Take admin privileges were possible.. and in that make sure all the needed software can be packaged and deployed through Jamf. 

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

jpeters21
Contributor II

like you said really specific to your company...really just kind of follow the best practices. I have seen quite a few people do not enable the firewall on a mac so probably a good place to start if you do not already. An often missed one is printers, if you company does not want the staff printing work related documents at home you should block them from adding those. Take admin privileges were possible.. and in that make sure all the needed software can be packaged and deployed through Jamf. 

good call on the printers. Thank you!