Recon Network Scanner Question

ocla__09
Contributor

I have been testing with the Recon network scanner on some of our subnets and have been noticing that the app seems to be re enrolling machines that are already in the JSS. I have the box checked to "Ignore IP's of computers already in the JSS" but it still seems to be re enrolling machines that I think it shouldn't be.

Is this just an unfortunate "feature" of Recon or is there something I can do to improve this?

Recon/JSS 9.62

4 REPLIES 4

davidacland
Honored Contributor II
Honored Contributor II

I was testing this last week with a newly installed 9.65 JSS and it was ignoring the computers correctly. I don't use the feature that often so can't remember if it was the same on 9.62 unfortunately.

adamcodega
Valued Contributor

"Ignore IP's of computers already in the JSS" begs the question, are the IPs of the computers changing because they use DHCP?

davidacland
Honored Contributor II
Honored Contributor II

Ah, that's a good point. When I tested it last week I was demonstrating the different ways a Mac could be enrolled so running a quickadd.pkg was quickly followed by a look at recon and network scanning.

ocla__09
Contributor

Definitely a good point.

One would think that an automatic UUID check before the enrollment process when doing a scan would be a good feature to have. ie Recon scans, ssh's in, and double checks the uuid before either enrolling the machine or signing back out.