Recurring Check-In fails, Self Serve installs fine

dpertschi
Valued Contributor

So I’m pushing out Citrix Receiver 12.1, unadulterated vendor package. Installs perfectly fine from Self Service.

Once I flip the very same policy to install at recurring check-in, it “fails” every single time. However, most annoyingly, the failure is false. The software works fine. WTH? I just can't ignore 1500 failures.

All I got in the logs is this generic nonsense and the clint side install.log is no more helpful:

Installation failed. The installer reported: installer: Package name is Citrix Receiver installer: Installing at base path / installer: The install failed (The Installer encountered an error that caused the installation to fail. Contact the software manufacturer for assistance.)
3 REPLIES 3

AVmcclint
Honored Contributor

I get that all the time as well with the Citrix Receiver installer. I've been trying to figure it out since I first saw it last year. There is nothing in any log that I can find that explains why it is reporting as a failure. Unfortunately I have to treat it as a false failure because the program DOES install correctly and everything works just fine.

"The Installer encountered an error that caused the installation to fail. Contact the software manufacturer for assistance." is one of the most annoying errors I've ever encountered.

dpertschi
Valued Contributor

thanks @AVmcclint I guess I'll open the spigot with slightly less trepidation.

AVmcclint
Honored Contributor

I still check the log entries of the ones it reports as Failed just to make sure it's not a legitimate failure. Basically if I see anything other than this vague error, then I'll dig deeper.