Remove Boot Camp

dmohs
Contributor

I want to create a policy that removes the Boot Camp partition. Any suggestions as to how this should be done?

Situation: MacBooks running OS X 10.9 with CasperSuite 9.72. Those that currently have a Boot Camp partition received it by running a Self Service policy that created it.

3 REPLIES 3

Look
Valued Contributor III

You will almost certainly have to script this. If Bootcamp was created using Self Service they should all have the same volume name which will make it somewhat easier.
Erasing the volume is probably pretty easy, but if your wanting to the re-integrate the space back into the OS X volume that can get quite complex given the many different ways the OS X volume might be setup (i.e Fusion drives, Core Storage, Encrypted, etc...).
Because the data will be wiped you would want to be very careful with any completely automated approach!

dmohs
Contributor

@Look

Thank you for the reply. Given that I will need to hand process these anyway, I will simply use Book Camp Assistant.

Look
Valued Contributor III

You can do it pretty easily through Disk Utility as well, the partitions sectin usually lets you remove Windows and then resize OS X to take the extra space and it deals with most drive types with to much trouble.