Remove Bootstrap Token Error 500

Carooch62
New Contributor

Hey All!

I'm trying to remove the Bootstrap Token from the computer and the mdm server, I keep getting and error message tho.

I'm using command line: sudo profiles remove -type bootstraptoken

I've tried on an intel Mac running 13.1 & on an M1 Mac running 12.6.3, both returning the same error message.

It looks like the Token is being deleted from the computer successfully but is unable to clear the bootstrap token escrowed in Jamf 

I've attached a photo of the error, any tips/tricks would be greatly appreciated! 

Thanks!

Image 2-8-23 at 4.52 PM.jpg

1 REPLY 1

mark_mahabir
Valued Contributor

If you're encountering an error 500 when trying to clear the bootstrap token, it's likely a server-side issue. Here are a few things you can try to resolve the issue:

1. Check the Jamf Pro server logs for more information about the error. The logs can provide details about the root cause of the issue and help you troubleshoot.

2. Try clearing the bootstrap token at a later time. Sometimes, temporary issues with the server can cause errors.

3. Check the network connection between the computer and the Jamf Pro server. Ensure that the computer has a stable connection to the internet and can communicate with the Jamf Pro server without any issues.

4. If you have multiple Jamf Pro servers, try clearing the bootstrap token on another server. This can help to determine if the issue is with a specific server or if it is a more widespread issue.

5. If the issue persists, you may want to reach out to Jamf support for further assistance. They can provide you with more specific recommendations and help you resolve the issue.

In any case, it's always a good idea to create a backup of your Jamf Pro server before making any changes. This can help you to quickly revert to a previous state if something goes wrong.