remove network accounts are unavailable

rcs336
New Contributor

Is there a easy way to stop or remove "network accounts are unavailable" message at login?

10 REPLIES 10

davidacland
Honored Contributor II
Honored Contributor II

Depending on when it appears, that can be normal OS X behaviour when you're connected to a directory service.

If its there for around 30 seconds after the Mac starts up, then goes away, thats expected behaviour. It can also happen on laptops at the login window if the network connection is disabled / enabled or reconnected.

What's your directory service structure and when does the message appear?

rcs336
New Contributor

AD

davidacland
Honored Contributor II
Honored Contributor II

and when does the message appear (after startup, waking form sleep, connecting a network cable, after logout, something else?

and how long does the message stay there? Or does it never go away?

scentsy
Contributor

Hi David, I was going to open a new post, but hopefully you will receive a message.....

so my question is the same as rcs336: "Is there a easy way to stop or remove "network accounts are unavailable" message at login?" (we are using LDAP, and the message comes up when the macbooks are on WIFI, I'm trying to see if there's a way to remove the message, since its getting annoying for users, when they are typing their passwords the message popsup and they have to retype their passwords)

that's the main reason I would like to remove that message, and was wondering if you have a solution for that.

thank you in advance for your help.

scentsy
Contributor

FYI: we are using JSS version 9.91 on windows server 2012 R2, macs getting enrolled are on 10.11.4

davidacland
Honored Contributor II
Honored Contributor II

Hi @scentsy

Whats the security type on your Wi-Fi network? If it's 802.1X then it might just be that Wi-Fi isn't connecting until after the user has logged in to a cached account.

scentsy
Contributor

yes its 802.1x; could I do something besides changing my network type?

thanks.

davidacland
Honored Contributor II
Honored Contributor II

If it's AD, you need to create a configuration profile that generates a device based certificate on the CA and uses that for authentication. In the network part of the config profile there an option to use WiFi at the login window.

scentsy
Contributor

perfect....I'll post the results.

thank you.

scentsy
Contributor

sorry for the late respond..... I think I'm not doing it properly.

David, could you please provide steps on how to "create a configuration profile that generates a device based certificate on the CA and uses that for authentication."

Thank you in advance.