Remove/Reinstall Configuration Profile

macdsl
New Contributor III

I'm trying to remove a Configuration Profile and overwrite a new one.
I fixed the profile, re-packaged it, upped it to the casper Admin, and fixed the policy that runs it.
Flushed all the existing logs so it would run again (it only runs once at machine build)

But it's not working..

I'm wondering if I add a Files And Processes (that seems spelled wrong in jamf?)
that: Find the config profile via path, and deletes it if found.

I want it to remove the existing one and then install the new one but I have a feeling it will run backwards where it installs the profile and then deletes.... does anyone know?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

bgilroy
New Contributor II

You can make a smart group using the membership in the old configuration profile criteria "Profile Name". Then use that smart group as an exclusion for the new configuration profile. Then uninstall the old config profile, it will fall out the old profile smart group and the new config profile will install.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

bgilroy
New Contributor II

You can make a smart group using the membership in the old configuration profile criteria "Profile Name". Then use that smart group as an exclusion for the new configuration profile. Then uninstall the old config profile, it will fall out the old profile smart group and the new config profile will install.

macdsl
New Contributor III

Awww Smart! Thanks!

Smart Group! got it!

macdsl
New Contributor III

ugh, I'm missing something.. the Smart Group has 0 I see the Profile Name, spelled it correctly...
Even if I set it to has and just enter part of the name: General (that's part of the name of the profile) still nothing...

I even tried the Profile Identifier and used that long letter-number ID, that found none...
odd..