Removing Auto Update Magic (or something similar)

mfcfadmin
Contributor II

We've got policies called "Install Latest <appname>" that use smart computer groups like "<appname>-update-smart" and I think they're from Auto Update Magic but disabling the policies doesn't stop them from being re-enabled. I couldn't see any instructions on stopping the Magic (if that's what it is).

3 REPLIES 3

mm2270
Legendary Contributor III

Auto Update Magic is a kind of marketing name for AutoPkgr + Jamf policies (https://github.com/homebysix/auto-update-magic), the former of which is an application that would need to run on a separate system, like an admin box somewhere, since it uses the API to do most of its work. I would look for anything that might have that application (AutoPkgr) running on it, and turn that off if needed. I don't know for sure that these policies and smart groups are actually coming from AutoPkgr, since I've never used it, but hopefully the above will get you on the right path to tracking down where these are coming from.

jreeves
New Contributor III

it is most likely from autopkgr running on a machine on a scheudle that recreates them every day

check this out for more details
AutoPkgr

mfcfadmin
Contributor II

Demoting recipes from <appname>-autoupdate.jss to just <appname>.jss