Removing devices from scope doesn't remove them.

Asnyder
Contributor III

I have a couple wifi configuration profiles that were created new yesterday, not cloned at all. I scoped them to a department and saved it. Now my two apple tv's show under the scope list for reason (they aren't in that department and it still shouldn't show them in the list even if they were). I try to remove them from the scope. Edit>remove tv1> remove tv2> save> done. They still stay on the list. I've tried both "distribute to all", and "distribute to new" just to double check it wasn't being affected by that.

Any ideas?

5 REPLIES 5

AVmcclint
Honored Contributor

Are you removing the devices from the group or from the config profile? If you scoped the config profile to a group, you would have to remove them from the group.

Asnyder
Contributor III

I scoped them to a department. That's all I scoped it to. But now on the scope list it shows two individual devices, both being apple tv's. I never scoped the config profile to them, to begin with. Now when I try to remove the two apple tv's from the scope (that I never added to the scope to begin with) It acts like they've been removed, but after I hit save they appear back in the list as being in scope.

Asnyder
Contributor III

Before Deleting: 761eb357d54e496993fdf9b52d6590e3

Deleted: ef2e7802726440ac873765abd9fd3d8e

After clicking Save: 5260b618314e43e38de2acc8228f8060

And I never included them in the scope, to begin with.

AVmcclint
Honored Contributor

That might be a bug. I've seen similar oddities since I upgraded to 10.2.1. You may want to put in a call to support.

AVmcclint
Honored Contributor

I wonder if you might just delete the entire group and create a new one with out those devices scoped to it.