Reset password issue - never seen that issue - check this video

jameson
Contributor II

Notes to below video.

Running latest Mojave version
It is a local admin account called test
First entering filevault code to access the reset password option

There is no password restriction. I can reset it to whatever length I want when I am logged in

Just trying to reset the password. But it will not accept it ? - Have tried on other clients, but also the same issue, so not just a single client issue

5 REPLIES 5

Bernard_Huang
Contributor III

I have seen this before.
But my scenario is when a new staff is starting on first day, they are using a domain account, not like your local account, to log on.

When they do type in their temporary password, the macOS will ask them to change password.
When they do type in their personal password, the windows shakes as well, and don't let them proceed further.
By this time, we have to ring up help desk to ask for the user's account to be unlocked, then they can try again.
It happens for one in 1 out of 20 or 30 users, so it's not frequent at all, and so I just ignore it, thinking the end-user probably typed in a personal password that isn't valid in password strength checking.

So you are saying you issue is repeatable?
Wouldn't surprise me if it's another bug on Mojave. Apple's QA has gone down so bad.

jameson
Contributor II

For my test it is just local accounts - nothing with mobile accounts or joined ad etc, where I could better understand some issues could happen. But local mac account should be straight ahead to reset that password.
Can anyone out there try and test the same. Just use recovery code and try to reset the password and see if it is behave?

ClassicII
Contributor III

pipo
New Contributor II

We have the same scenario.

Account is a local account, we also are using Enterprise Connect.

We are facing this issue with Mojave and High Sierra.

User are changing the password via Enterprise Connect. AD password is changed, after the password is changed user is receiving a prompt to change the keychange password.

After the first restart the client is locked. We are able to unlock the the device with the recovery key from FileVault.

After we have unlock the device we can change the local password from user. But after the restart we are only able to log in into the device with the recovery key.

mark_perez
New Contributor

We have the same scenario.

Account is a local account, we also are using Enterprise Connect.

We are facing this issue with Mojave and High Sierra.

User are changing the password via Enterprise Connect. AD password is changed, after the password is changed user is receiving a prompt to change the keychange password.

After the first restart the client is locked. We are able to unlock the the device with the recovery key from FileVault.

After we have unlock the device we can change the local password from user. But after the restart we are only able to log in into the device with the recovery key.