Restrict iPad Use/ Remote Education Learning

niacobelli
New Contributor III

Good morning everyone

I just wanted to share a scenario that I found myself in last week. We are a 1:1 iPad school where the students kept their iPads at school. They were never ment to go home. With the threat of Coronavirus and the potential to enact remote learning, we needed some additional policies put into place.

Our school is fortunate to go on Spring Break now for the next two weeks where it might roll into remote learning after the two-week break. So in preparation for this, we sent home these iPads with a promise to parents that they would be inoperable over the break. Short of enacting Jamf Parent which would require touching each individual iPad and enabling Lost Mode one by one I created a configuration profile and pushed that out to each device.
This configuration profile blocks all apps on the iPad and leaves only the stock Settings app. I'm sure there are better ways to accomplish this, but in short notice, this is what we did.

Does anyone else who works in an environment forced to go remote? Any tips, tricks, or stories you care to share?

2 REPLIES 2

atomczynski
Valued Contributor

I think you need bandwidth now for other things and perents need to be parents. It does not have to be difficult.

corykelly
New Contributor

We're beginning to explore some of these remote options within my School District as well. Nothing sorted or in place yet but I'd be happy to share with you anything we come up with. Stay tuned.