Restricted software actions

swapple
Contributor III

Has anyone found a way to trigger something other than a message when a Mac violates a restricted software policy?  Is there a simple way to see how many times the same machine did that?

6 REPLIES 6

cgssi
New Contributor II

With regards to seeing how many times a machine has triggered a restricted software policy you can use the email notification option. I use this effectively and push emails in to Slack. Works nicely.

What else did you want the restricted software policy to do ?

sdagley
Esteemed Contributor II

@swapple I'll second @cgssi 's suggestion for email notifications. If you're running in Jamf Cloud, and don't have an SMTP service you can connect to your instance, the brute force method is to download your Jamf Pro Server Log and then look for restricted software entries in the log but that may not be too useful depending on how fast your log file rolls over.

cgssi
New Contributor II

Also a good suggestion. If you don't have an smtp service you could use Googles

AJPinto
Honored Contributor II

Beyond checking emails, no. Feedback time.

Jamf Nation Feature Requests

piotrr
Contributor III

I hope you aren't saying that the DELETE APPLICATION function has stopped working. 

But yeah, I see how it would be useful to track when and how often this has happened. There's not even a log for the Restricted Software function. 

sdagley
Esteemed Contributor II

@piotrr When a Restricted Software item is triggered it is logged in the Jamf Pro Server Log but download and extracting the Restricted Software events from the JSS logs is a pain. It would definitely me much more useful if there was a specific log for those events.