restricting email

sward
New Contributor

Can anyone help me use JSS - JAMF software to create a profile to restrict student access to email. On the iPad I can creat a restriction that is "Don't Allow Changes" to accounts. But I don't see that option on the list of restrictions in Jamf.

thanks for considering,
sherry

8 REPLIES 8

aturner
New Contributor III

Hi Sherry,

Did you ever get a response to this? I'm looking to do the same thing but can't find a way other than Manually. This seems cumbersome at best.

Thanks,
Adam

SeanA
Contributor III

By restrict, what do you mean exactly? Would a simple kill process on the email applications do the trick, for example?

jarednichols
Honored Contributor

I think you're better off with blocking this at the firewall.

aturner
New Contributor III

This was actually for iPads and not OS X machines.

Unfortunately, I'm trying to manage a global workforce with iPads deployed everywhere. On some of them, we wanted to "lock" the email account to just our corporate account. Thoughts on how to do this?

Firewall would work, only for internally used iPads though.

Thanks!

mm2270
Legendary Contributor III

Speak to Apple about it. The sad fact is, not everything you can set manually on an iOS device can be pushed via an MDM solution, and this lack of functionality is squarely on Apple's shoulders. JAMF or any other MDM vendor can't make something happen that simply isn't possible to do OTA. Until Apple adds it in, you will need to do workarounds like firewall settings and such.

aturner
New Contributor III

Thanks mm2270. That is what I figured but it was the answer I didn't want to hear :)

Thanks!

jimmy-swings
Contributor II

Over the past 12 months, has anyone find a way to remove the ability to create personal mailboxes on managed machines?

DPolly
New Contributor III

I'm looking to be able to do this also...we have students email accounts and we want to block personal accounts