Reverse Apple School Manager changes

Andixon
New Contributor III

Hi,

one of my supporting admins moved all devices on our Apple School Manager to one MDM Server by accident. Is there any way to reverse this?

Kind regards

3 REPLIES 3

AJPinto
Honored Contributor II

In mass I think you can only go from A to B, and you can only filter on device type (ie all macs, all iPads, all iPhones or all devices). If you need to split some iPads in A and some iPads in B you will need to do so manually. You can search multiple devices by separating the names with commas and make a mass change that way. Seems like a good learning experience for this admin and with any luck it will teach them to double check their work, especally before making mass changes.

I'm not sure if Apple can undo the change, but you could reach out to them.

Nicholaus
Contributor

There is no undo button, but if the devices haven't been factory reset it won't have any effect. You can safely move them back to whatever they were assigned to before. If you have a large list of serial numbers that are separated one per line, you can copy all of that and paste it into the device search in Apple School/Business Manager and it will paste them as comma separated and allow you to take action on all of them.

Andixon
New Contributor III

Hi,

thanks for your responses. We now reversed it manually. I reached out to Apple and they said this is the only way and that not even they can reverse it with one click. That would be a nice feature for ASM.

Kind regards