Running policies on out of box system

kbednar
New Contributor II

I have a policy that automatically renames and binds systems to AD that runs on enrollment. I'd like to be able to run that policy for systems that are fresh out of the box. I'm able to scope systems to a prestage, but it doesn't seem like Jamf is able to scope systems to policies that haven't run their initial enrollment. Anyone have ideas?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

sdagley
Esteemed Contributor II

@kbednar Create a Smart Group with Criteria: "Enrollment Method: PreStage enrollment", Operator: "is", and Value: "Name of Your PreStage". Use that Smart Group as the Scope Target for the Policy you want to run on Enrollment Complete.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5

geoff_widdowson
Contributor II

Have you tried using the trigger 'Enrolement complete' on the policy?

The problem is systems can't be scoped to policies before they've been unboxed. They'd need to go through that initial enrollment first, then I'd be able to add it to the policy.

sdagley
Esteemed Contributor II

@kbednar Create a Smart Group with Criteria: "Enrollment Method: PreStage enrollment", Operator: "is", and Value: "Name of Your PreStage". Use that Smart Group as the Scope Target for the Policy you want to run on Enrollment Complete.

PaulHazelden
Valued Contributor

I use a script in the policy set to enrollment. it uses custom triggers to call all of the policies I want it to run. It is scoped to All Computers. The script does all of the sorting out for me. It looks for Sillicon Macs and installs Rosetta, it runs my renaming process. It ends up with a recon so that the name change will be picked up in Jamf.

Hugonaut
Valued Contributor II

@kbednarto a similar effect of what @sdagley said - you can always create a smart computer group for recently enrolled devices. Then scope that group to the policies with a trigger of Enrollment, Check-in, etc

Screen Shot 2022-03-25 at 11.15.50 AM.png

Virtual MacAdmins Monthly Meetup - First Friday, Every Month