SCEP Config Profile Stopped Working

jhein
New Contributor II

Have a config profile to request a machine cert from our SCEP server, and was working fine until last night. All of a sudden, I am getting a "NSOSStatusErrorDomain:-603" error. Did not see a whole lot about this error on the forms, except about trying to restart the IIS and rebooting the SCEP server. Tried those, but am still getting the error. Anyone seen this before or have any idea why this would just all of a sudden start failing?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

jhein
New Contributor II

Issue was on the SCEP server side, nothing with the JSS, everything is back up and working.

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7

jhein
New Contributor II

Issue was on the SCEP server side, nothing with the JSS, everything is back up and working.

mapurcel
Contributor III

@jhein we're seeing a similar error NSOSStatusErrorDomain:-909, do you know what the issue was exactly on the SCEP server side of things? thanks

justinjanson
New Contributor

@mapurcel A bit late, but maybe you can still use this. We also had a NSOSStatusErrorDomain:-909 error with a few workstations. The problem was a special character in the computer name. For instance, Joe's MacBook Pro caused a problem. Changing the name and leaving out the ' did the trick. Step-by-step guide we used:

1. Change the name to remove certain characters: sudo jamf setComputername -name "Joe MacBook Pro"
  2. Cancel the failed command from within the computer profile in JSS
  3. Remove the computer from the SCEP scope and re-add it
  4. Done!

Hope it helps.

Cheers,
Justin

strider_knh
Contributor II

Nice to know it was on the server side but what was the issue? We are having this trouble now and haven't figured it out. Your solution may have helped.

jeho
New Contributor

@mapurcel @jhein

I was wondering if you could post your fix? I am getting this error on 50% of my managed devices, weird how some work and the others that do not work have this same error. the computer name scheme is all the same xxxxxx123

jhein
New Contributor II

@jeho We never did find the cause, and we have since stopped using that SCEP server to manage certificates and are now using the "AD Certificate" option and requesting certificates from our PKI server.

ronhunter212
New Contributor III

what I did to fix my issue was clear the area that uses SCEP and IPCU and it worked fine

a021c247919a4315bf5e80fac5c39802