Scoping for apps to install on enrollment

amorse
New Contributor II

Do I have to have the scope set up for all users/computers if I want apps to install on Jamf enrollment? I am a little confused on that one..

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

talkingmoose

Yes, even if you’re deploying packages or profiles (you can’t deploy App Store apps during enrollment), the scope needs to be set. That means, though, you can’t scope based on inventory that may not yet exist like a device name or department. So, your options are more limited.

A good practice would be to deploy only essential software and settings during enrollment and install everything else after enrollment.

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6

talkingmoose

Yes, even if you’re deploying packages or profiles (you can’t deploy App Store apps during enrollment), the scope needs to be set. That means, though, you can’t scope based on inventory that may not yet exist like a device name or department. So, your options are more limited.

A good practice would be to deploy only essential software and settings during enrollment and install everything else after enrollment.

amorse
New Contributor II

Thanks so much for your response. That's exactly what I needed to know.

bcrockett
Contributor III

@talkingmoose Do you know the name of the git hub script that shows the user what apps are installing after first login?

rubberchicken
New Contributor
New Contributor

macinblack
New Contributor III

user-NgHIJhvnkA
New Contributor

If Mac App Store Apps were scoped by user, would the apps install soon after their computer completed PreStage enrollment?