Self service asking for password when installing apps.

tseretta
New Contributor II

Hello everyone... I am hoping someone can help me out here. I have several devices enrolled in Casper that are asking for the iTunes password when attempting to install an app through self-service.

I have already tried these things:

I have looked into my app settings and I do not see anything that says require a password.
I have tried removing the check from automatic updates on the app.
I have tried removing the check from Make app managed when possible.
The devices are on iOS 9.2.1.

Thanks in advance for any help or ideas!

5 REPLIES 5

iPad_Sheriff
New Contributor III

Are the devices logged into iTunes & App Store? Setttings --> iTunes & App Store --> Password Settings

Apps also need to be purchased in bulk from VPP, then added to your App Catalog in the JSS. Assign apps to scope based on device name or device group.

tseretta
New Contributor II

They are logged into the iTunes & App Store. I have purchased the Apps in bulk as well. The Apps show up in self-service correctly, just as soon as you click install it asks for the iTunes password.

msnowdon
Contributor

Are you checking off the Assign VPP Content box within the app? Some apps are not yet designed to run with VPP and don't even have that option which may cause the iTunes account verification.

I'm not sure if you are using any Configuration Profiles, but there is also an Require iTunes password for all purchases option in the Restrictions payload.

tseretta
New Contributor II

That's for the ideas! I checked and neither of those options are checked for me!

jsova
New Contributor

I'm getting the same result, I have loaded up Microsoft Remote Desktop as a test from VPP and assigned it via VPP in the JSS to "All Computers" but when I attempt to install it through self service I'm getting prompted for admin creds because in his test machine I am not part of local admin.