Self Service badge shows notifications when none available

jennmurphy
New Contributor II

Hey all,

As the title suggests, the Self Service badge on the dock is showing a notification when there is none available. Any insight would be appreciated!

Thanks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

mpermann
Valued Contributor II

@jennmurphy if you delete the

~/Library/Preferences/com.jamfsoftware.selfservice.plist

file and restart the computer that should clear the incorrect badge notification. We run into this on our computers and we're running 9.96.

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7

mm2270
Legendary Contributor III

I thought this had been fixed, but there was/has been a bug with this feature from early on when it was introduced that would randomly show inaccurate results. We stopped using the feature a while ago since wasn't reliable. Its possible its still an issue that needs to be addressed though.

mpermann
Valued Contributor II

@jennmurphy if you delete the

~/Library/Preferences/com.jamfsoftware.selfservice.plist

file and restart the computer that should clear the incorrect badge notification. We run into this on our computers and we're running 9.96.

were_wulff
Valued Contributor II

Hey all,

We're aware of the issue of Self Service badge notifications not always showing the correct notification(s) number.

It's filed under PI-000865 and is still in an open status, which means you may see the behavior manifest in your environment.

If you haven't already opened a case with your TAM for this, you can get in touch with them to get a case opened and attached to PI-000865 by either giving support a call, sending an e-mail to support@jamf.com, or by using the My Support section of Jamf Nation.

Thanks!
Amanda Wulff
Jamf Support

dgreening
Valued Contributor II

@amanda.wulff Is there any update on this? The notifications framework for Self Service is all but unusable still in 9.98 if the App badge isn't going to work correctly. Seems to be a ton of PIs lately that are not being prioritized for close. We can't all wait for 10 to hopefully fix a lot of this stuff... I just enabled Notifications for Self Service on my dev box, enrolled a client, and instantly I have 9 phantom badge items, and clearing out the Self Service plist and rebooting does nothing.

dmueller
Contributor

Update: Never mind, looks like it just resets the number after a reboot. Script removed. It looks like removing the plist does work consistently.

rcormier7
New Contributor II

Hello, what about this issue ? Same with JSS 10 :(

emilh
New Contributor III

On a related note: Is it possible to completely disable the Self Service number badge?