Self Service for OS X for BYOT environment

charter
New Contributor III

Hi All,

This maybe a bit of a silly question but one i need some different opinions on. i have a BYOT environment with some year groups in the school i work in. there is a problem about getting applications onto students OS X devices. currently they come to IT and we make the installs manually, i was wondering if any one out there enrols OS X BYOT devices into casper for access to the self service app purely to deploy applications and school based services, as i understand there is no real personally owned devices enrolment option for OS X devices. what do others do out there? Is there any work arounds that other do? or do people just enrol student owned macs into casper as a part of the schools ICT policy when it comes to personally own technology.

5 REPLIES 5

Chris_Hafner
Valued Contributor II

It's not a silly question at all! And yes, there are plenty of companies and schools that do just that. What are your specific concerns?

charter
New Contributor III

my primary concern is getting the idea across abroad, as with casper enrolments there is the ability to wipe computers...its more of a way i need to sell it including some form of risk management.

Simmo
Contributor II
Contributor II

Casper makes things easier for everyone involved.
In my environment if they don't want to enroll then they don't get any of the software we provide.

charter
New Contributor III

I like the way you talk there @Simmo im going to push this one thank you guys

Chris_Hafner
Valued Contributor II

Yep! An easy way to attract management buy in is to offer services like that. It helps empower the users and they tend to feel good about it. We distribute all of our printers that way!