Self-Service Internal Browser Outdated

lfc_strom
New Contributor

Starting to reference some Google Docs as bookmarks in Self-Service. However, Google complains that "The version of the browser you are using is no longer supported. Please upgrade to a supported browser."

How often does the codebase get updated for this platform?

Also, is there a way to force a self-service bookmark to launch a full browser on the user's system instead of the internal browser?
7ab630d928554ab795574b41ea2ca18b

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

JDGates
New Contributor II

Hey @lfc.strom it looks like they have an article in the administrators guide for Self Service Bookmarks
Once in the settings for the bookmark, it looks like there is a drop down to either open in self service, or open in browser. I wonder if you set this up and select the OPEN IN BROWSER, if that would fix your issue.

Hope this helps!
JD

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

JDGates
New Contributor II

Hey @lfc.strom it looks like they have an article in the administrators guide for Self Service Bookmarks
Once in the settings for the bookmark, it looks like there is a drop down to either open in self service, or open in browser. I wonder if you set this up and select the OPEN IN BROWSER, if that would fix your issue.

Hope this helps!
JD

mm2270
Legendary Contributor III

When you're creating Bookmarks for use in Self Service, there's a drop down to select how to open it.

919019babab54b8e9758f067ff290fe0

I always choose Open in Browser. The built in Self Service browser is... not great. Unless it's a pretty simple page design, there's a good chance that the Self Service browser won't render it correctly.

wildfrog
Contributor II

I'd love to see the internal browser be updated. In my case, I want to be able to embed videos - for things like walk-thrus, how-tos, etc. and would actually prefer it play in the SS window itself rather pop out to a browser - where the user invariably has evelenty billion tabs open already.

lfc_strom
New Contributor

Thanks mm2270 and JD. I'm not sure how I glazed over that option. Will use this. I can see some good use cases for in-self-service delivery, too. The warning about being out-of-date seems like something that should get resolved anyway.