Self Service iOS - Analytics Prompt

JoshRouthier
Contributor

I noticed today while opening up Self Service on iOS that I was presented with a new dialogue asking about Analytics and Crash Reports. Does anyone know if this can be disabled via the App Configuration profile that can be pushed out? I haven't found any information about this new dialogue, and Jamf Pro is showing the app as version 10.10.1.

Our Self Service app is deployed via VPP (device assigned), and automatically set to update and force the app update on devices.

Any information regarding this would be greatly appreciated. Thank you!

89711a994bf24941aabeaa36e9446eb4

d7fac9d21d184071856180f681313de8

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

kristen_bates
New Contributor

Hi Josh,

We have a Knowledge Base article on this topic that includes instructions for limiting or disabling crash reporting for Self Service for iOS. You can find it here: https://www.jamf.com/jamf-nation/articles/690/limiting-or-disabling-crash-reporting-and-data-collect.... I hope this helps!

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6

Emmert
Valued Contributor

Good idea. I have no problem opting in, but any new, unexpected dialog causes instant confusion among our literal schoolchildren.

kristen_bates
New Contributor

Hi Josh,

We have a Knowledge Base article on this topic that includes instructions for limiting or disabling crash reporting for Self Service for iOS. You can find it here: https://www.jamf.com/jamf-nation/articles/690/limiting-or-disabling-crash-reporting-and-data-collect.... I hope this helps!

JoshRouthier
Contributor

Bingo, that did it. Thank you!

cdenesha
Valued Contributor II

I checked the Administrator's Guide when I read the first post and did not find anything. Please add a link to the KB article in the manual.

rickey939
New Contributor II

So this not only disables the options but also bypasses the user prompt entirely, correct?

cdenesha
Valued Contributor II

Running cloud hosted Jamf Pro 10.15.1, I have the key set correctly for ALL, and a new install on an iPad is prompting as above. App version is 10.10.1. Bug? I'll submit a ticket.