Self Service Not Loading Policies

ndudley
Contributor

I was having an issue with tomcat stopping every 5 minutes on my 2008r2 server, so I decided to upgrade to 9.73 from 9.63. Tomcat started working and stayed on when I upgraded, but now I'm having a problem with Self Service and my LDAP.

It seems that when trying to login to the JSS with an LDAP user it is slow or unresponsive and I only get the below when trying to use self service (Local JSS and LDAP User) Anyone have any ideas where I could start troubleshooting?

98a56fae657244b79868da406fcc7a42

3 REPLIES 3

davidacland
Honored Contributor II
Honored Contributor II

Does it happen as soon as you launch self service? A directory communication issue could be a cause.

You could see if you can load self service in a web browser: https://your.jss.com:8443/selfservice/

ndudley
Contributor

It happens as soon as I login to Self Service. I also get the delayed login when I try to load it from the web. But, in either case it just takes me to the JSS Dashboard.

davidacland
Honored Contributor II
Honored Contributor II

There's still quite a few variables or possibilities but to me it sounds like either a webapp or java issue. As a test I would try re-deploying the webapp first and see if SS loads properly then.

Not sure if you've got one already, but I would switch to a test system for troubleshooting as most tests you would do will mean stopping and starting services a lot.