Self Service not responding

palitech
New Contributor

Good Morning all,
We have encountered this issue once before but it seemed to resolve itself. A student tries to open Self Service and they can't get it loading. A gray screen with the loading gear comes up but thats it. No frames, tabs, text, etc. We tried re-enrolling the iPad. wiping and reinstalling the self service app and nothing. Then we deployed a new iPad to the student and still the same issue. and thats the only thing not working. And only the second student so far. the student is enrolling with their AD credentials. no spaces in the username. I am working on a different issue but support has e checking these things in the process.

1. Do you have a VPP token in your jss? Is the VPP token expired?

2. Did you go to deploy.apple.com & accept Apple's most recent SLA?

So far all have checked out OK. Any other things I can look for? Anyone else had this issue? Thanks

2 REPLIES 2

cdenesha
Valued Contributor II

Strange. If you re-install Self Service for a test user, does it work?

Phil
New Contributor

Did you ever find a solution to this? I have the same problem and have been scouring the forums for a solution.

Client and server both running version 9.81.
The Macs are running Yosemite and El Capitan.
Set up with no authorization required - Macs are bound to AD and users authenticate at login.
Cookies and popups have been enabled (much as I hate to do it).

I know its almost certainly something simple that I have missed. We stopped using Self-Service around the end of version 8.* as all of our services were put under a revised security review, some of our services have now been restored - Self Service for Macs is next.

Cheers
Phil

9a6608ca5ad049f7987a8e60a8468708