Self-Service Plugin bundles

rmaldonado
New Contributor

Hey all,

I was curious to know what other casper admins are using the plug-ins feature for? Currently we use it for easy access to our wiki, links to share point, and some helpful apple resources for new users. I noticed there was an ability to add a "plug-in bundle" but I haven't really seen much resources on how to create one, or just anything in general.

Does anyone know of a good discussion or KBase article I can use just to gather more information on plug ins for self service?

Thanks!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

mm2270
Legendary Contributor III

They need to get pulled down to the Mac, whether you're talking about a URL plug-in or a bundle. To do this, run a sudo jamf manage in Terminal on the Mac. this of course happens automatically, but if you're looking to test it out and not wait for them to get populated, then that command will do it.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5

mm2270

Download the JAMF Resource Kit. Although it hasn't been updated in a while, there are several Self Service plug-in bundles included you can add to your JSS, provided they are useful to you-
http://www.jamfsoftware.com/support/resource-kit

Also, if you do any development, you can download the Casper SDK to get some information on how to build them yourself I think an example bundle may be included in the download if I'm not mistaken-
http://www.jamfsoftware.com/developer-resources/

rmaldonado
New Contributor

Thanks for this, the PDF in here was able to verify I am doing it correctly, but when I save, and open self service to see if they have populated, it remains blank. Do you know if this is a bug with the plugins feature?

Thanks

rmaldonado
New Contributor

mm2270

They need to get pulled down to the Mac, whether you're talking about a URL plug-in or a bundle. To do this, run a sudo jamf manage in Terminal on the Mac. this of course happens automatically, but if you're looking to test it out and not wait for them to get populated, then that command will do it.

rmaldonado
New Contributor

Thank you mm2270, I was being impatient with it :P I am liking Casper more and more, the more I understand it!