Sending me off for training, what should I learn?

catfeetstop
Contributor II

Hey everyone!

My job wants to send me off for some training in something/anything I'm interested in. I'm trying to figure out what I want and I'm asking for your suggestions. Some day I want to make iOS apps/games and I know Objective-C is the way to go. I'm not sure if Objective-C is really pertinent to my job as a Mac admin though. Maybe a Python class would be the most useful. I'm okay with shell scripting but could always learn more. What do you think I'd benefit from the most?

- Jamie

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

catfeetstop
Contributor II

Thanks for all the responses! I have the Apple certs and some of the JAMF certs. I might shoot for the CCE certification and we'll see what else. Thanks again!

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5

RobertHammen
Valued Contributor II

How long have you been a Mac admin? Have you done the Support Essentials/101 certs?

If you're looking for something programming-related, I'd recommend something either bash-scripting or Python. Lot of folks took the online Coursera Python course...

Simmo
Contributor II
Contributor II

Swift, if it's available?

davidacland
Honored Contributor II
Honored Contributor II

Bit of a shameless plug, but we do the full range of iOS courses, including Swift:

http://www.amsys.co.uk/training/iphone-ios/

Its something I'd really like to get into if I had enough free time.

Python would certainly be a good option as well.

aamjohns
Contributor II

I wrote something and then saw you already have two JAMF certs. So I am changing what I said and would just go with whatever you want to do if you have that flexibility in choices.

catfeetstop
Contributor II

Thanks for all the responses! I have the Apple certs and some of the JAMF certs. I might shoot for the CCE certification and we'll see what else. Thanks again!