SEP 14.3 Extension Attribute help

Mhomar
Contributor

HI Everyone, I could use your help.  I am trying to find the file to build an Extension Attribute that will contain the version number for SEP 14.3?  In all past versions, this was located in this path:

/Applications/Symantec Solutions/Symantec Endpoint Protection.app/Contents/Info.plist.  I can not find the version there.

If you already have the EA built could you are the code with me.

Thanks in advance

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

jcaleshire
New Contributor III

Hi Mhomar, do you know which build of SEP 14.3 you are running? I'm looking at the info.plist file for RU1 MP1 (build 3580), and the version is listed in the key CFBundleShortVersionString for me. I'm not sure if that changed in RU2 (build 4615), but the version might be found in the info.plist file for one of the extensions instead (/Applications/Symantec Solutions/Symantec Endpoint Protection.app/Contents/Library/SystemExtensions/com.broadcom.mes.systemextension.systemextension/Contents/info.plist for example).

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

jcaleshire
New Contributor III

Hi Mhomar, do you know which build of SEP 14.3 you are running? I'm looking at the info.plist file for RU1 MP1 (build 3580), and the version is listed in the key CFBundleShortVersionString for me. I'm not sure if that changed in RU2 (build 4615), but the version might be found in the info.plist file for one of the extensions instead (/Applications/Symantec Solutions/Symantec Endpoint Protection.app/Contents/Library/SystemExtensions/com.broadcom.mes.systemextension.systemextension/Contents/info.plist for example).

Mhomar
Contributor

@jcaleshire Thank you.  Not sure how I missed that.  My Post should of said that this was a RU1 MP1 (build 3580) on Big Sur.  I am slightly embarrassed but once again this community has jumped into help!

talkingmoose

I'm not familiar with newer versions of Symantec Endpoint Protection, but I see you're getting the version from an app installed in the Applications folder. Jamf natively collects version information for all apps in this folder. Are you not seeing Symantec Endpoint Protection.app and its version in inventory without the Extension Attribute?