Set Default Image?

mqh7
New Contributor II

Hi, inside the CASPER Web Page I navigate to SettingsCasper Admin and I see all of our images (we have 3). Since two of these images are for testing only how do we set 1 image to be the default image when we NetBOOT to our network?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

JRM
Contributor

Correct, If you always will use that name for your image you can save it as autorun. But they broke autorun data in 8.6 - I don't know if or to what degree it has been fixed. You could also look into pre-stage imaging, but that would require the machine and it's history be wiped from the JSS if it has been imaged before.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

jhalvorson
Valued Contributor

Not possible to set the default Configuration to use for Casper Imaging.*

*Knowing that the configurations are listed alphabetically, you can title them so the preferred is at the top of the list.
For example:
10.6 SL Laptop
10.6 SL Laptop with iWork
10.7 Lion Laptop
xDev 10.7 01 base build
xDev 10.7 02 Full build

I've instructed all of my coworkers not to use the configurations that begin with "xDev".

mqh7
New Contributor II

So if we have 3 images and we Net Boot to our network we'll see all 3? And then we just pick the one we want to use?

jhalvorson
Valued Contributor

If your netboot is working and you launch Casper Imaging.app, you'll see the same list of configurations that appear within the JSS web site > Settings > Casper Admin.

JRM
Contributor

Correct, If you always will use that name for your image you can save it as autorun. But they broke autorun data in 8.6 - I don't know if or to what degree it has been fixed. You could also look into pre-stage imaging, but that would require the machine and it's history be wiped from the JSS if it has been imaged before.