Setting iOS Wallpaper issues

GabeShack
Valued Contributor III

So I'm finally getting around to working with iPad wallpaper features and love that you can do this en masse with the remote commands for a group of iPads, however I cannot seem to get the wallpaper to show properly on the screen. Been playing around with resolution sizes and using ipad Air's right now. I've just tried 1024 x 1024 and its cutting the image off. I saw something about forced perspective, so should I try shrinking it to 768x768? Just curious if anyone has some tips.

Gabe Shackney
Princeton Public Schools

Gabe Shackney
Princeton Public Schools
3 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

adamcodega
Valued Contributor

Here's the wallpaper sizes you'll want to use. You'll also want a design that works well in portrait and vertical orientation.

• iPhone 5, iPhone 5s, iPod touch 5th gen - 1136 x 640
  • iPad Air, iPad 4, iPad 3, iPad mini with Retina display - 2048 x 1536
  • iPad 2, original iPad mini - 1028 x 768
  • iPhone 4S, iPhone 4 - 960 x 640

For my iPads I made a 2048 x 2048 wallpaper that was more texture than illustration.

View solution in original post

GabeShack
Valued Contributor III

After some playing around I just made our logo in the center of a white background at 2048x1536 and that finally seemed to do the trick.
Thanks!

Gabe Shackney
Princeton Public Schools

Gabe Shackney
Princeton Public Schools

GabeShack
Valued Contributor III

I set a template for the size listed above and then centered my picture inside that template (with bars at the top and bottom) and it fixed it.

Gabe Shackney
Princeton Public Schools

Gabe Shackney
Princeton Public Schools

8 REPLIES 8

adamcodega
Valued Contributor

Here's the wallpaper sizes you'll want to use. You'll also want a design that works well in portrait and vertical orientation.

• iPhone 5, iPhone 5s, iPod touch 5th gen - 1136 x 640
  • iPad Air, iPad 4, iPad 3, iPad mini with Retina display - 2048 x 1536
  • iPad 2, original iPad mini - 1028 x 768
  • iPhone 4S, iPhone 4 - 960 x 640

For my iPads I made a 2048 x 2048 wallpaper that was more texture than illustration.

GabeShack
Valued Contributor III

After some playing around I just made our logo in the center of a white background at 2048x1536 and that finally seemed to do the trick.
Thanks!

Gabe Shackney
Princeton Public Schools

Gabe Shackney
Princeton Public Schools

RWitt
New Contributor II

So how do you do it en masse to groups? I can only see how set it one device at a time which isn't feasible in my environment.

I used to do it in Configurator but am going to DEP this year.

Thanks
Ryan

GabeShack
Valued Contributor III

Its when you have a group you click the action button then click send remote command.

Gabe Shackney
Princeton Public Schools

Gabe Shackney
Princeton Public Schools

RWitt
New Contributor II

I was playing in there I just didn't go deep enough into the remote command settings.

Thanks
Ryan

GabeShack
Valued Contributor III

So I'm revisiting this seeing that as I push wallpaper in the sizes listed above its getting cutoff on the iPad mini 4s that Im pushing to. I'm not sure if this is iOS 10 or just something else that is not correct.
Any ideas?
Gabe Shackney
Princeton Public Schools

Gabe Shackney
Princeton Public Schools

GabeShack
Valued Contributor III

I set a template for the size listed above and then centered my picture inside that template (with bars at the top and bottom) and it fixed it.

Gabe Shackney
Princeton Public Schools

Gabe Shackney
Princeton Public Schools

mpatterson
New Contributor

Change to different blueprint  and save.

Restart phone

Change back to desired blueprint

Restart phone,

Wah-la! There's your Wallpaper.