Silens installation SPSS 23

danadm
New Contributor

Hi,
I've checked on the following page, it has helped me a lot. I have a .bin and .properties file.
https://jamfnation.jamfsoftware.com/discussion.html?id=8001

When i execute the command in the terminal the installations complete. But I get the followings error message. Anyone know how I can solve it?

Trying to load library IAMac
Error trying to load library no IAMac in java.library.path.

Grateful for answers

//Dan

9 REPLIES 9

Philibb
New Contributor III

Hi @danadm,

i´ve got exactly the same problem.

imperatives
New Contributor III

Did you install Java ( https://support.apple.com/kb/DL1572?locale=en_US ) prior to the SPSS installation?

danadm
New Contributor

Yes, I have installed Java.

The problem is that I want to publish the installation in the Self Service Portal. But get an error message during the installation time. I think the installation ends when the above error message "appears" terminal.

McAwesome
Valued Contributor

@danadm I'm running into the same thing. Did you ever figure out what was causing it?

(Edit) Here's what pops up when you run the command locally via terminal:

Preparing to install...
Extracting the installation resources from the installer archive...
Configuring the installer for this system's environment...

Launching installer...

Trying to load library IAMac
Error trying to load library no IAMac in java.library.path

danadm
New Contributor

Unfortunately not, waited to see if anyone found a solution. Maybe next update from IBM SPSS resolve the issue. But your error message is the same I get.

McAwesome
Valued Contributor

@danadm My work's IBM guy contacted them and they sent me the following message:

IBM SPSS Technical Support has received your request for assistance. Based upon the information provided, it appears you have encountered a known issue with unattended installation of Statistics 23 on Mac OS hosts. The behavior indicated in the Service Request record ('unable to load IAMac in java.library.path') appears to be addressed by the following technical material: https://www.ibm.com/support/docview.wss?uid=swg1PI41915 An IBM Web ID is required to access these materials. If you do not have an IBM Web ID, you can acquire one here: https://www.ibm.com/account/myibm/profile.do?cc=us&lc=en&page=reg Please review the technical material and apply the indicated resolution steps. Please let me know if you require further assistance or if the information provided resolves this matter.

Unfortunately, the link they sent that supposedly has the solution is a bad link. It gives me a 410 error regardless of whether I am logged in. I've replied to them to see if they mistakenly sent a band link, but have not heard back. That was yesterday evening.

danadm
New Contributor

Thanks for the information. The link does not work for me either. Very interested if you get the correct link.

McAwesome
Valued Contributor

@danadm

There appears to be some problem with the web publication of that technical document. Here is the 'solution' portion of the document: This error message on console can be ignored. It does not affect the installation. After you see this error on Terminal, if you wait a bit you will see that silent installations for either single user or network license will proceed successfully on 10.10.3 Yosemite and the program SPSS 23 will run fine after installation.

So it should be ignorable. Now the issue is finding a way to get Casper to ignore it so it doesn't freak out users.

McAwesome
Valued Contributor

@danadm They ended up providing me with an interim fix that resolves the Scripting Error issue. Unfortunately, they have that fix under lock and key(so I can't just share the link). It will likely be part of the next fixpack that gets released. If you request it through them, they may be able to provide it.

That said, I still haven't figured out how to silently install it just yet.

Also, if you add

> /dev/null 2>&1

to the end of the line you use to run the silent install, it should pipe the error to nothing. That should make Casper happy when the expected error comes.