Single click not working in 10.10.5

bpavlov
Honored Contributor

I've seen this happen twice now and still investigating but figured I'd ask here as well just to see if anyone has encountered this before. Using an AutoDMG built OS image, two different computers are exhibiting weird behavior when using the touchpad on the MacBook Pro (one is 2012 and the other is 2013). The only similarity is 10.10.5. It's a rather strange problem. Magic mouse works fine.

I'm not touching any preferences for the touchpad or any mouse for that matter. No changes in User Templates that would touch the mouse settings. No tablet drivers being installed either.

I'm wondering if anyone else has seen this behavior before.

EDIT: Forgot to clarify. Single click does not work, but double click does work. You can drag the mouse with one finger as well. And everything works fine when you are at the boot picker (holding OPTION at boot up).

6 REPLIES 6

SQR
New Contributor

Can you try using just the App store installer?
Ive seen a lot of issues with AutoDMG created images lately (that were just the App Store installer) kernel panics, quirks with settings among others.

Chris_Hafner
Valued Contributor II

I wish I had something more constructive to add. However, AutoDMG created 10.10.5 images are working just fine for me. I have, however seen an interesting keyboard conflict in 10.10.5 that sometimes causes strange mouse click behavior (Treats all clicks as an up-click. At least until a keyboard button is pressed.) I am in the process of tracking but I've only seen it on 3 machines out of a fleet of ~800. Two were iMac's and one a 13" Mid-2012 MBPro, so nothing super consistent to report.

Josh_Smith
Contributor III

@raquel @bpavlov FWIW I've never had any issues with AutoDMG across many models and OS versions, including 10.10.5.

Not sure what would cause that behavior....since they are older Macs is it possible re-imaging from an older OS to 10.10.5 using AutoDMG would have missed a firmware update they needed?

davidacland
Honored Contributor II
Honored Contributor II

All fine for me with 10.10.5 and AutoDMG.

The only recent weird issue we had was bluetooth trackpads, keyboard & mice that are linked to the hardware. We had a MacBook back in one of our offices that had (at one point) been paired with a trackpad that was on a shelf. Probably not the issue in this case but worth double check bluetooth just in case.

bpavlov
Honored Contributor

Unfortunately, it happened on a third machine which was running 10.9.5 (this was not an image I created and I think it was built using the monolithic method). It seems that deleting the com.apple.driver plist for mice/touchpad and restarting immediately after does the trick. Killing cfprefsd immediately didn't do anything. However, in this third machine's case, the problem would re-appear after a bit. Due to little time, and needing to just deploy machines out, I was left with having to re-image.

In some cases the computer would work again fine without any problems if left alone for a bit, but in other cases, it would exhibit the behavior again. No policies are being kicked off on these machines in the JSS. Just really bizarre stuff. I've never had a problem with images created using AutoDMG so I don't think that's the problem here. Although my workflow is thin, I'm not trying to add 30 minutes to it by using the Mac App Store OS X installer.

The only thing I haven't really looked at is if there is potentially additional bluetooth devices connected to these computers. A lot of Magic Mouse users here.

dcarlton
New Contributor

Hello,

Did you ever find a resolution to this problem? I have an entire lab of computers exhibiting the same issue. Single click does not work and everything needs to be double clicked in order to register.

Thanks,
doug