Smart group configuration profile

Captainamerica
Contributor II

Is it possible to made smart groups when a specific configuration profile is installed

So if I look for a config profile called "Extension" I would like to have a smart group on those computers who have this or not. I can of course create some EA, but doubt how to create this as script

7 REPLIES 7

m_donovan
Contributor III

Here is what we are using as an extension attribute to check for our wireless profile.

###########################################################################################################
# EA: WI-FI_PROFILE_NAME Installed?
###########################################################################################################

#!/bin/sh

profileName="WI-FI_PROFILE_NAME"

profiles=`profiles -C -v | grep attribute | awk '/name/{$1=$2=$3=""; print $0}' | grep "$profileName"`
if [[ ! -z "$profiles" ]]; then
  echo "<result>Yes</result>"
else
  echo "<result>No</result>"
fi

exit 0

You can then base the smart group on that.

rhooper
Contributor III

Thats pretty sweet.
I wonder why JAMF has not created a smart group criteria based on a profile being true or not.

mschroder
Valued Contributor

What is wrong with using 'Profile Identifier' as criterium for a smart group? It does not even require an EA or an inventory update, the MDM just knows about it.

Good call.  On a user level profile you can open download/open the config file in an editor and get the Profile Identifier

jlombardo
Contributor

Is it possible to query this when it is a user level policy?

tjhall
Contributor III

sudo profiles -Pv should give you the names and UUID's of the configs installed.

GregE
Contributor

Just in case anyone else Google's this, you can use the Advanced Criteria to choose "Profile Name".
(Not "Configuration Profile" like you would think it would be called).