Smart Group with Criteria for Two Cached Packages

isaacnelson
Contributor

I built a simple smart group that is supposed to include computers that have two packages cached in the "Waiting Room" folder. I have the criteria set up like this:
7a682f018d34412aa2942e23bfedc85d

And I have a computer with both packages cached, as can be seen on its inventory page:
f8765f2656d64365a13597293e5fec28

But the computer doesn't show up in the group. If I remove one of them so it's only looking for one package it works, but for some reason it's not working for both at the same time.

Any ideas?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

isaacnelson
Contributor

It looks like I can get around this by creating a separate smart group for each package and using membership of those groups in another smart group to get the same result. Super clunky though, and doing it this way probably has potential to cause unnecessary load on the Jamf Pro server if there are a lot of computers that fall into the groups.

Not ideal, but it works.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

isaacnelson
Contributor

It looks like I can get around this by creating a separate smart group for each package and using membership of those groups in another smart group to get the same result. Super clunky though, and doing it this way probably has potential to cause unnecessary load on the Jamf Pro server if there are a lot of computers that fall into the groups.

Not ideal, but it works.

arivera
New Contributor III

Good find. I will be testing this myself to see if maybe you missed something but the logic of your smart group seems sound to me. Thanks for bringing this up.

rhooper
Contributor III

I had one like this and I just had to include the ( )around the inventory checks

isaacnelson
Contributor

@arivera Cool. Let me know what you find from your testing.

@rhooper Hmm. I experimented with parentheses and didn't have any luck. Did you have them around each item individually or all together as a group?