Smart User Group based on number of Mobile Devices

mark_sampers
Contributor

I'm looking for a way to create a Smart User Group based on the number of Mobile Devices a user is linked to. (I want to do this to identify students that are no longer associated with an iPad. I then can remove them from our VPP invitation(s) and reclaim app licenses.) Looking around in the User Criteria, I see I'm very limited on what fields I can search on. If I do an advanced search, I can list all my student users and display the Mobile Device numbers but I'm much rather create a Smart User Group. Has anyone else run into this and has come up with a solution? Thank you in advance for any help you can send my way.

3 REPLIES 3

bcornwell
New Contributor III

@mark.sampers , have you found a way to do this? I also need the ability for a similar reason. It is not uncommon for our users to have multiple old devices tied to them, and with the move to device based assignments we are worried about having our users consuming multiple licenses.

mark_sampers
Contributor

Unfortunately, I haven't. We are moving to device based app assignments so this will be less of an issue for us next year. The only VPP invites we will then issue will be to staff.

JB90
New Contributor

Is this something that someone has figured out? I am also interested in doing this so that I can identify students/staff have are either not associated with any devices, or have multiple devices. Thanks