Snagit & Jamf

Helme
New Contributor

Hello,

Has anyone successfully deployed Snagit with Jamf using the license? The install works and Jamf realizes the software but it will not enter the license key. Has anyone ran into this before?

4 REPLIES 4

jhbush
Valued Contributor II

@Helme in the past I just used installer for version 2 and then dropped the Techsmith folder in /Users/Shared that contains the license file. This may have changed for version 3.

Helme
New Contributor

Thanks @jhbush1973 for replying.

Are you referring too after activating the license on a computer, you take the folder from Application Support > TechSmith and deploy it into the Users/Shared (Im guessing contains the license key) when deploying the package?

jhbush
Valued Contributor II

@Helme apologies I should have made that clear. I used a volume license so if you are using individual licenses this may not work. The registration key is in the /Users/Shared/TechSmith

Helme
New Contributor

@jhbush1973 I really appreciate your help.

Awesome. I found the folder located in Users/Shared/TechSmith. Im sure that we have a volume license. Would you suggest I add that folder when creating my package to deploy?

I am still getting prompted for the License Key when opening Snagit. After deploying with the shared folder.