Software Definitions - "Plug-in Name"

reelmike
New Contributor II

Hello JAMF Nation!
Kinda a newbie question... was messing with "Licensed Software" today, and wanted to know what "Plug-in Name" in the Software Definitions tab refers to? Can someone give an example? Or an example of a "Plug-in" I might want to catalog? I assume these are Application Plug-ins... however I work for a company that is primarily focused in audio (with lot's off Logic Plug-ins, and/or Pro Tools Plug-ins), and am hoping that somehow this setting will allow me to read the contents of /Library/Audio/Plug-Ins/Components/.... or other. Clarification would be uber helpful... thanks!

3 REPLIES 3

reelmike
New Contributor II

Bueller?

Look
Valued Contributor III

If you tick the box to include plugins in inventory collection it then gives you the option to specify any path you like to be monitored.
It is initially intended to look in Internet Plugins I believe for things like Java and Flash. Pretty sure as long the folder contains bundles/apps/plugins that contain have an info.plist in them it will probably return something (or at least thats what I assume it is reading).

reelmike
New Contributor II

Oh, wow! Totally works! Thanks Look!
By specifying the custom directory path like you suggested, I was able to recon a bunch of audio plug-in bundles... this will definitely make my license management much much easier to use!

HUGE thanks!