Software updates notifications

Mhomar
Contributor

Before this new Jamf Nation site update.  Good folks here were notifying the Jamf Nation community of Software Updates, both third party and Apple that are made available in a very timely manner.  Can anyone tell me where we can find that info in this new site. If not, can we reinstate that ability here?

4 REPLIES 4

walkeri3rd
New Contributor III

I found I needed to subscribe to https://community.jamf.com/t5/jamf-pro/what-s-new-in-jamf-pro/td-p/236834

Thanks to atomczynski

ega
Contributor III

The what's new in Jamf Pro only covers updates to Jamf Pro not other software.  There was great value in having a community reported software update "database" and that is now gone as best I can tell

c_archibald
Contributor II

Hands down was the BEST part of the OLD JAMF Nation, followed by the 3rd Party search. Not sure if these have been purposefully removed or hidden, but it's a HUGE PitA now. Guess I have to wait to get flagged by security instead of being in front of the curve.

harsha
New Contributor III

Hey Guys,

1. I am looking for the software update via jamf pro to get the notifications to users. Can I know where can I enable the notification to get notification to users and which type of software update should I use? either apple server update or system default software update?

2. In jamf pro can I find the security updates?