Been trying to mass upgrade some machines, and running startosinstall with the agreetolicense flag worked for about 90% of them. however the other 10% doesn't work. in fact, in the jamf policy log, it never starts the install and says going down for install, it does nothing at all. is there any kind of log or something i am missing here? i do not want to have to manually upgrade the remaining devices, but will if I have to
i downloaded a new macOS Mojave DMG from the installinstallmacos python utility and was able to upgrade a machine with it, thanks for the tips guys! really appreciate it, i had been pulling my hair trying to figure out why these suddenly no longer worked after i had hit the first 30 or so with no issue
Can anyone think of another reason why this script does nothing? I first set up a policy in Jamf after attending the webinar regarding "one button wipes" but even just trying to run the script itself on a test machine without Jamf it does absolutely nothing. Here's exactly what I'm seeing:
I've tried rebuilding my Mojave installer and it still doesn't work. I've also uninstall Sophos Endpoint to see if its my AV, still nothing. Anyone have any ideas?
UPDATE: The computer I was testing from needed to restart. I guess the unsigned stuff was still in RAM/mounted. After the restart things started working, I just had to rebuild the package to get it working. Before doing that I was using an "old" version of 10.14.6 from a USB I created when that particular update dropped.