Static Groups Dependency Reporting ? Feature Reaquest ?

sfiguet
New Contributor III

What a good feature this Smart Groups Dependency Reporting ! Do you think it'll be possible to implement the same for the statics groups ?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

AJPinto
Honored Contributor II

Oh, I think I follow. Dependencies are what JAMF calls the target of a smart group. Those conditions you enter are called dependencies. 

There are ways to do what you are wanting through API. Prune is a good tool to use if you are looking to get rid of unused stuff. I have never used JAMF GROUPS SCOPED but it reads the JAMF API for what you are looking for. There are tons of feature requests for this, but as per usual with JAMF, feature request is where something goes to die. Start slinging some upvotes to feature request :).

GitHub - BIG-RAT/Prune: Remove unused items from your Jamf server

GitHub - kc9wwh/JamfProGroupsScoped: Have you ever wanted to know what was scoped to your Jamf Pro g...

Jamf Nation Feature Requests

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

AJPinto
Honored Contributor II

Smart Groups and Advanced Inventory searches are meant to be automated. Static groups are meant to be manually populated. The general concept of a static group does not leant to automation with dependencies. 

sfiguet
New Contributor III

Thanks for your answer. But for me, it'll be interresting to know, before delete it, if a static group is used with policies or profile, isn't it ?

AJPinto
Honored Contributor II

Oh, I think I follow. Dependencies are what JAMF calls the target of a smart group. Those conditions you enter are called dependencies. 

There are ways to do what you are wanting through API. Prune is a good tool to use if you are looking to get rid of unused stuff. I have never used JAMF GROUPS SCOPED but it reads the JAMF API for what you are looking for. There are tons of feature requests for this, but as per usual with JAMF, feature request is where something goes to die. Start slinging some upvotes to feature request :).

GitHub - BIG-RAT/Prune: Remove unused items from your Jamf server

GitHub - kc9wwh/JamfProGroupsScoped: Have you ever wanted to know what was scoped to your Jamf Pro g...

Jamf Nation Feature Requests